I know y’all remember getting Broccoli & Cheddar Soup in Bread Bowls from Panera growing up… and trust me when I say this recipe tastes JUST like the real thing! It’s so creamy, comforting, and the perfect winter warm you up type of meal.
This soup is made beautifully cheesy thanks to Follow Your Heart’s Finely Shredded Dairy-Free Cheddar Shreds! They really level up this soup and are something you don’t want to miss on!
Broccoli & Cheddar Soup in Bread Bowls
This VEGAN Panera copy-cat Broccoli & Cheddar Soup will have you in all your nostalgic feels this winter.
- 1 2/3 cup broccoli florets chopped
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 large stalk of celery chopped
- ½ onion diced
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 ½ tbsp garlic powder
- ¼ cup + 1 tbsp vegan butter
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour can use gluten free
- 2 cups unsweetened plant milk of your choice
- 1 2/3 cup vegetable broth
- 2 2/3 cups Follow Your Heart Dairy-Free Finely Shredded Cheddar Shreds
- Bread Boules hollowed out
Melt 1 tbsp of vegan butter in a sauce pot over medium heat. Add your onions, celery, salt/pepper/garlic powder & cook until translucent.
Add in ¼ cup melted vegan butter and your flour & whisk to create a roux.
Add your plant milk & vegetable broth, whisking constantly to prevent lumps.
Add your carrots & broccoli, bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and cook until the vegetables are almost soft and the soup is starting to thicken.
Add your Follow Your Heart Dairy-Free Cheese and cook until melted and the vegetables are soft.
Ladle into your hollowed out bread bowls and enjoy!