Have y’all heard the good news?! Alpha Foods recently launched a FULLY VEGAN sausage, egg, and cheese breakfast sandwich that is frozen and ready to heat up in under 3 minutes! This is truly life changing for the vegan community- and let me tell you, they are damn amazing. Plus how convenient? I wanted to create this sandwich a worthy “full meal” of a side and drink so paired it with my famous salt & vinegar breakfast potatoes and iced cookie butter latte. Trust me, the potatoes at least are something that will become a new regular recipe in your home.
So the breakfast sandwich is pretty self explanatory, and cooks in under 3 minutes- but here’s how to make the potatoes and the latte!
Salt & Vinegar Breakfast Potatoes
- 1 bag baby yellow potatoes
- 3 tbsp vegan butter
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ cup white vinegar
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Chives & flaked salt for topping
- Cut your potatoes into fourths.
- Add your vegan butter and olive oil to a skillet until shimmering. Add your potatoes, salt, and garlic powder. Mix well.
- Once your pan is nice and warm over medium-high heat, add your vinegar and immediately cover your pan with a lid. This will help steam the potatoes to make them nice and soft.
- After about 5 minutes, remove the lid and stir, and cover again. Keep doing this every few minutes for about 15 minutes total until the potatoes are browned and fork tender.
- Top with chives and flaked salt if desired.
Iced Cookie Butter Latte
- 1 tbsp cookie butter syrup (we used monin syrup) *adjust to taste
- Cold brew
- Frothed Oat Milk
- Add your ice to your glass and pour in your cookie butter syrup and cold brew, and mix well.
- Froth your cold oat milk, add to the top, and sprinkle over some ground cinnamon.
And that’s it! These are all super easy to throw together, you can even make the potatoes in advance in bulk and just reheat in the microwave to make your breakfast even faster! If you want to find these breakfast sandwiches, they’re currently only sold in Costco in LA- but are branching out to more Costco’s soon! So get on that Costco membership and enjoy these delicious babies.
If you make this recipe, make sure to tag me on instagram @plvntfood ! I love seeing your recreations & sharing! Love y’all with my cold little heart.