With summer coming to a close, heirloom tomatoes, fresh corn, and peaches are slowly going out of season, and what better way to celebrate them before summer ends then a nice vibrant raw salad. Especially living in Los Angeles, eating raw in the summer is something I usually gravitate towards more because of the heat. This dish is fresh, satisfying, and the flavor combinations pair so nicely with the seasonal fruits.
Start off by making your pesto cream. This recipe is pretty quick and you’ll want this to be served cold, so I recommend making this the night before if possible! Simply add your cashews, basil, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, regular unsweetened almond milk, garlic, and salt to a blender and blend until smooth. You want it to be a thick cream. Place in the fridge once finished and wait until chilled to serve.
Next up, corn! You can use canned corn if that’s all you can find, but fresh sweet corn raw is one of the best things you’ll ever taste. Cut your corn off the cob, and mix with apple cider vinegar, salt, pepper, and flat leaf parsley.
The rest of this dish is super easy, basically just slicing and assembling. Pit your peaches, and slice them into small strips, and cut your tomatoes the same way! And thats about it. Super easy. Add some pesto cream to the bottom of your bowl, then alternate your peaches and tomatoes, and top with your corn mixture & edible flowers for garnish if desired!
- 2-3 peaches
- 2-3 heirloom tomatoes
- 1/2 c. raw cashews
- 1/2 c. regular unsweetened almond milk
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 cup basil
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 1tsp. + 1tbs. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbs. fresh italian flat leaf parsley
- extra virgin olive oil
- Place your cashews, almond milk, garlic, basil, lemon juice, and 1 tsp of apple cider vinegar, with a pinch of salt / pepper into a high powered blender and blend until smooth. Transfer to a mason jar, and place in the fridge for at least thirty minutes.
- Cut your corn kernels off the cob, raw, and mix them with your parsley, about 1 tbs of olive oil, 1 tbs of apple cider vinegar, salt, and pepper together in a bowl, and set aside.
- Cut your peaches and tomatoes into wedges, and assemble alternating in a bowl. Add your pesto cream, and your corn mixture over top & serve raw! Drizzle some extra virgin olive oil overtop everything before serving.