Fall is here, so its about that time where we can get nostalgic, while warming up with a cup of some hot chocolate, tea or coffee. This super-herb twist on hot chocolate is delicious, & pretty quick to make. Best of all, its full of vitamins and minerals, as well as the amazing benefits from medicinal mushrooms; chaga, reishi & cordyceps. Even though it has some earthy ingredients, it has a comforting, unique flavor resembling gourmet hot chocolate or creamy vanilla coffee. All you need to do is blend your coconut milk, dates, cacao powder, vanilla & mushroom powders on high until consistent, add hot water & blend again on high for 20 seconds. Serve alone or with vegan whipped cream for an extra touch of indulgence!
- 4 oz coconut milk
- 8 oz hot water
- 2 whole pitted dates
- 1/2 tbs cacao powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp reishi mushroom powder
- 1/4 tsp chaga mushroom powder
- 1/4 tsp cordyceps mushroom powder
- Blend coconut milk, dates, cacao powder, vanilla & mushroom powders on high until consistent.
- Add hot water & blend again on high for 20 seconds.
- Serve alone or with vegan whipped cream.